[CentOS-virt] Xen HVM domU won't start since updates to 2.6.18-164.15.1 kernels

Sun Mar 28 11:59:29 UTC 2010
Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi>

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:53:41PM -0500, Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
> ----- "Aaron Clark" <ophidian at ophidian.homeip.net> wrote:
>
> > What steps should I take next to debug this?
>
> Downgrade back to where you were bit by bit (or just guess that it's dom0's kernel) and see when it starts working again.
>
> What does the busted guest say when it tries to boot while you watch its [serial] console? Does the dom0 ever unpause the guest? (It should say in the logs.)

Yeah, and remove the vfb (graphical vnc console) from the guest,
so you can then do:

xm create -f /etc/xen/guest -c

to immediately attach to the console and see the guest kernel boot messages.

-- Pasi