[CentOS-virt] Thoughts on storage infrastructure for small scale HA virtual machine deployments

Sun Mar 7 09:00:23 UTC 2010
Christopher G. Stach II <cgs at ldsys.net>

----- "Grant McWilliams" <grantmasterflash at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm replacing my setup with
> three Intel SSDs in a RAID0 with either iSCSI or ATAoE. The RAID0 will
> be synced to a disk based storage as backup. We'll see pretty soon how
> many concurrent disk based operations this setup can handle.

I haven't benchmarked anything like that in a while. I'm not saying that RAID 0 with 3 targets is going to be non-performant, but I would expect a parallel array to be better for random ops unless a classroom workload falls into sequential for some reason (software installation). Do you have any numbers testing this, or better, real world stats?

--
Christopher G. Stach II
http://ldsys.net/~cgs/