[CentOS-virt] reboot guest on panic

Mon Mar 15 01:32:41 UTC 2010
Christopher G. Stach II <cgs at ldsys.net>

----- "Norman Gaywood" <ngaywood at une.edu.au> wrote:

> Well yes, seems I've hit trouble this time. Was expecting some trouble
> with the desktop apps and was happy to deal with that.  I was not
> expecting significant kernel trouble however.

It's Fedora. It's *always* broken.

> Rebuilding a modern desktop distro with an older kernel is a lot of
> work.

It's not that bad. The only things you really need to match up are glibc and the kernel. Beyond that, most things are reasonably source compatible with a slightly older glibc. I don't think you would need to go that far, though. What do you need in Fedora that you can't get in the almost equally substandard desktop experience from CentOS or any other enterprise distribution? (I use CentOS as my primary desktop.)

> That's what distributions are for right?

Gentoo? :)

--
Christopher G. Stach II
http://ldsys.net/~cgs/