[CentOS-virt] RHEL 5.5 Xen fixes

Wed Mar 31 22:19:34 UTC 2010
Norman Gaywood <ngaywood at une.edu.au>

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 11:28:56PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 03:43:38PM -0400, Grant McWilliams wrote:
> >    Are these changes in the kernel or changes to the installed Xen? I'm
> >    wondering if this effects anyone using Xen 3.4 or newer.
>
> I think they're mixed.. you need to go through the bugzillas to figure out.
> (and possibly compare to the kernel changelog above).

This may be a dumb/FA question but how do you run Xen 3.4+ with the latest
Centos kernel?

Are there centos/redhat kernels rebuilt with newer Xen or do you have
to do this yourself?

I see source for kernel 2.6.18 with Xen 3.4 here:

http://www.xen.org/products/xen_source.html

but that kernel does not have all the fixes that have gone into the
RH/Centos 2.6.18 kernel.

--
Norman Gaywood, Computer Systems Officer
University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351, Australia

ngaywood at une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 3337
http://mcs.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312