[CentOS-virt] Simulate Network Cable Disconnect

Tait Clarridge tait at clarridge.ca
Tue May 4 17:28:09 UTC 2010

Hello All,

I am having trouble simulating a network cable disconnect with KVM. I
would like to test active backup bonding for a switch IOS upgrade in a
production environment.

Basically I have the VM running on a bridged network which is also tied
into GNS3 simulating a small-scale version of the production
environment.

I have tried bringing down the vnetX interface and the actual virtual
network itself (virbrX) with no luck.

Has anyone had to do this before/maybe knows some tips?

If more info is required about my setup, I can give it.

Thanks!
Tait