[CentOS-virt] Libvirt NAT-based network 2x-4x faster than Libvirt routed network?

Fri May 28 00:18:25 UTC 2010
Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk>

2010/5/27 Veiko Kukk <veiko at ekp.ee>:
> On 05/27/2010 12:21 PM, Aleksei Miheev wrote:
>>> Is it typo?
>>> There can be no subnet with /32 bit mask, it's single host only.
>>>

>> Actually, it is possible:
>>
>> ip addr add xxx.yyy.zzz.215/32 dev eth0
>> ip route add xxx.yyy.zzz.193 dev eth0
>> ip route add default via xxx.yyy.zzz.193
>
> Of course you can do that, but it wouldn't a *subnet*. Net like network,
> system consisting of several units.
> I rest my case.

Well, it is a subnet, it has just only got one host in it. I wrote it
because the question is about routing, so it's quite relevant that the
IP-addresses are not on the same subnet.

No one with any clues on what to test / look into? :-/

Best Regards
Kenni