[CentOS-virt] Can KVM be run "headless"?

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Wed Nov 10 22:45:31 EST 2010

Just to get the terms correct: you would run a vnc-server on the host, (or
in a linux vm guest) and use a client to connect to the vnc-server.

Centos comes with a vnc server built in - you just have to enable it. And
vnc is only needed to use the graphical desktop. It's not needed if you use
command line administration.

As far as headless operations - I use the power button to turn it on, and
the shutdown command in a terminal window to shut it down. (after manually
shutting down the vm guests)

I suppose you can script the automatic shutdown of guests, but I haven't
gotten around to that...

Sorry, I don't know what krdc is. You use the network (ethernet) to connect.