[CentOS-virt] KVM: where are the directions?

Benjamin Franz jfranz at freerun.com
Mon Nov 15 12:27:53 EST 2010

On 11/15/2010 09:00 AM, compdoc wrote:

> It's still useful, but why invest in an older technology when the newer
> technology is there and doesn't cost more?

Because it *does* cost more and doesn't (in my case) provide anything
special I need feature wise. I already had a nice hot swappable 2U case
with dual p/s, a not incredibly old server motherboard, dual core CPU,
memory et al available. For an incremental cost of about $460 dollars I
bought an Areca 1120 PCI-X controller to match my existing hardware
rather than buying more like two thousand dollars in new hardware to do
exactly the same thing, at pretty much the same performance level.

Benjamin Franz