[CentOS-virt] SPICE Benchmark

Alexey Vasyukov vasyukov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 12:09:21 EST 2010

Hi folks.

We finally finished our work on benchmarking SPICE and would like to share
the results.

Detailed report in English:
http://www.bureausolomatina.ru/sites/default/files/SPICE%20Benchmark%20-%202010-11-16.pdf

The report provides benchmark results of SPICE network load for different
types of workload. SPICE operation on limited low-speed network connection
was also tested. The results were compared with similar tests for RDP.

Testing was based on SPICE version 0.4.3. This version is not the latest one
but it is used currently in RHEV-D 2.2 and also in RHEL6. So, we guess, the
results are pretty useful.

We are going to test SPICE 0.6 in nearest future because it has very
interesting WAN improvements. So, we welcome any comments, critics or
advices.

Best regards,
Alexey Vasyukov