[CentOS-virt] SPICE Benchmark

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue Nov 16 14:39:57 EST 2010

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> I don’t suppose you have any websites you would recommend that shows
> how to install and use spice?

I second that question.  While I've found instructions here and there, and have even given Fedora 14 a try as well... the processes is very manual and I have yet to find a very detailed set of instructions for getting SPICE going.

I understand that the benchmark paper used RHEV for Desktops... which I assume does all of the work for you... but what about us folks who are using RHEL 5.5, RHEL 6, and/or Fedora 14.  All of them come with KVM and SPICE packages but we need some detailed instructions on setting it up and making it work.

Thanks in advance for any consideration,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street