[CentOS-virt] SPICE Benchmark

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Nov 17 22:06:19 EST 2010

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> The description above is enough to start SPICE and see it in action on
> Fedora 14. You have (a) Fedora host with KVM, qemu, spice-server, (b)
> VM with any OS (Fedora / CentOS / Windows - at your choice) on this
> host and (c) Fedora client with spice-client.
>
> You launch on host the VM using qemu directly as described above.
> After it you can connect from Fedora client as described above. That's
> it. Everything just works.
>
> qxl drivers on VM are nice to have but not mandatory - you can see
> SPICE in action without it. For details you can refer to
> http://spice-space.org/docs/spice_user_manual.pdf

Ok, with some additional effort (http://www.montanalinux.org/spice-for-a-spin.html) I got SPICE working properly on a Fedora 14 Host with a Fedora 14 virtual machine.  I hope to make a video sometime tomorrow so folks can see how well it works before they get it going for themselves.

Next task is to get it working with RHEL6.0 and then CentOS 5.5... and eventually CentOS 6.0.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street