[CentOS-virt] Which is the best network interface to use.

compdoc

compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Mon Nov 8 22:14:02 UTC 2010

The virtual network is great for connecting two or more virtual guests
directly. Its fast and doesn't add traffic to your physical lan.

If you have a virtual guest that gets a lot of traffic, then giving it its
own network card (nic) can help speed things up as well as keep the heavy
traffic away from the virtual guests and your users - those that don't need
to be fighting against a steady stream of packets.

The more nics the better. I tend to use three because I occasionally move
large amounts of files, and I don't want to slow down other things on the
lan. A decent gigabit switch means never having to share the bandwidth.