[CentOS-virt] performance differences between kvm/xen

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 08:48:39 EDT 2010

I don't have any benchmarks per se just my recent testing of them....

I think xen is still on top in terms of performance and features....now
having said that my experience in the past with kvm and my latest testing
with 5.5 and KVM I can say that KVM has made great strides with the virtio
drivers for the disk and nic, my latest vm's that I am using with those
drivers are very snappy and so far I am very pleased.....I'm a big redhat
fan and think that KVM will only continue to get better and I believe at
some point will equal or pass xen....I'm waiting for rhel6 to see what they
are going to be rolling out...I have not had any time to play with the beta
or look at fedora....