[CentOS-virt] Anyone booting CentOS 5.5 KVM host from flash?

Thu Sep 2 12:05:19 UTC 2010

On 09/01/2010 09:18 PM, David Knierim wrote:
> I am investigating building a live CD image to be used as  KVM host
> and then putting that image on a USB key (to end up with a environment
> similar to ESXi).   I see tools in in Fedora for both tasks, but I
> have not seen them in CentOS.

Are these tools from Fedora usable for CentOS as well ? there have been
fairly large incremental updates to kvm and the virt tools on CentOS-5
recently.

> Before I blaze a path, I was wondering if anyone has done this before..

Either way, this is something that could use a bit of docs on, would you
consider contributing to the wiki.c.o ?

- KB