[CentOS-virt] Extract ip address from a kvm guest

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 11:07:19 EDT 2011

Hi all,

  Somebody knows how can I extract/know an ip address used by a kvm
guest using a script?? For example I have the following guests:

[root at kvmsrv01 bin]# virsh list --all
  Id Name                 State
----------------------------------
   1 linclunode01         running
   2 linmgmt              running
   5 win7desktop          running

  I know that linclunode01 has 172.25.50.1 as ip address, linmgmt has
172.25.50.2 and so on. But suppose that i don't know which ip address is
used by win7desktop guest. The real fqdn for win7desktop is
win7.local.net. How can I know its real ip using a script (bash, python,
etc)?? I don't use a dhcp or dns server on this network.

  Thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com