[CentOS-virt] Cannot samba mount a remote windows disk

Tue Apr 12 08:19:46 UTC 2011
Poh Yong Hwang <yongsan at gmail.com>

Hi,

I would like to mount a remote windows disk as samba share drive but unable
to do so on my host node. I tried it on my instances and it works so i am
suspecting that perhaps firewall could be blocking it.

Right now i see that the iptables for the host node with KVM installed :

 iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:bootps
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:bootps

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             192.168.122.0/24    state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     all  --  192.168.122.0/24     anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Do i need to add anything to allow samba share to work?

Thanks!
yongsan