[CentOS-virt] Resizing EXT3 partition in guest instance CentOS5

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sun Feb 6 15:14:29 EST 2011

2011/2/6 Thomas Smith <theitsmith at gmail.com>:
> I am coming into this discussion a little late, so apologies if I ask for
> any information previously provided.
> I can help you with this, but I'll need to know the domU's file system
> layout to do so. Can you send the output of the following commands?
> * fdisk -l
> * mount
> * df -h
> And if you're using LVM:
> * vgdisplay
> * lvdisplay

KVM not Xen according to original post - and the partition in the
guest has already been resized with gparted, so no reason to perform
any more actions within the guest - only thing missing is to resize
the qemu image on the host (I assume the OP is using regular
file-based images in virt-manager as nothing has been mentioned about
this, eg. not iSCSI, NFS, LVM, etc.).

Best regards
Kenni