[CentOS-virt] iTunes?

Lucas Timm LH

linuxhelper at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 21:56:19 UTC 2011

Ealier was possible run iTunes in Linux using Wine. Actually I really don't
know if it still works, because a lot things have changed since 2007 (was
the last time I'd installed iTunes in Linux). BTW you can install VMware
Workstation or Player to run Windows XP/Seven/Whattever and do what you
want. I guess VirtualBox OSE have no USB support, so you will need to buy a
licence to VirtualBox or VMware.

I don't know if KVM supports USB too.

2011/2/12 MargoAndTodd <margoandtodd at gmail.com>

> Hi All,
>
> If you would please suffer a Fedora Code 13 question on a CentOS mailing
> list, I
> have a Linux customer with Fedora Code 13 who loves it but is about to dump
> it because he really, really wants iTunes. (He owns an iPod and an iPhone.)
> None of the Linux utilities quite work right and he wants to buy music from
> the iTunes store as well. Plus he wants to synchronize his contacts list.
>
> So, I was thinking of installing an XP VM on his computer. Would iTunes
> work
> properly?  Would you use KVM or Virtual Box? Any words of wisdom shared
> would be appreciated.
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Lucas Timm, Goiânia/GO.