[CentOS-virt] cluster of virtual machines using libvirt/kvm + Gluster

Tue Jan 18 15:53:10 UTC 2011
iarly selbir <iarlyy at gmail.com>

Hi guys, I posted this question at virt list on Fedora Project but I guess
its a best place to ask help for my problem.

I'm trying to set up two kvm/libvirt hosts, I installed the set of packages
contained in @kvm and @clustering groups, downloaded and installed glusterfs
version 3.1.2, configured the cluster ( all working ), configured the
gluster volume and mounted it on /var/lib/libvirt/images.

The problem is when I try to create the VM, after click in
finish(virt-manager) it returns the following error:

Unable to complete install 'libvirt.libvirtError internal error unable to
start guest: qemu: could not open disk image
/var/lib/libvirt/images/test.img

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 724, in
do_install
    dom = guest.start_install(False, meter = meter)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 541, in
start_install
    return self._do_install(consolecb, meter, removeOld, wait)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 633, in
_do_install
    self.domain = self.conn.createLinux(install_xml, 0)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 974, in
createLinux
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed',
conn=self)
libvirtError: internal error unable to start guest: qemu: could not open
disk image /var/lib/libvirt/images/test.img

# /var/log/messages

Jan 18 05:36:05 kvmsrv001 libvirtd: 05:36:05.227: error : internal error
Timed out while reading console log output
Jan 18 05:36:05 kvmsrv001 libvirtd: 05:36:05.227: error : internal error
unable to start guest: qemu: could not open disk image
/var/lib/libvirt/images/test.img

the image disk was created, but the domain(vm) is not. does someone
experienced with this error? If I umount the gluster partition and use local
disk the vm creation works fine.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

- -
iarlyy selbir