[CentOS-virt] OT: Recommendations for a virtual storage server

Fri Jan 28 09:54:29 UTC 2011
carlopmart <carlopmart at gmail.com>

Hi all,

  I need to install a virtual machine acting as a virtual storage server under
CentOS 5.x (using kvm, xen, virtualbox or vmware). This virtual storage machine
needs to server storage to another ESXi server and at the same time to the host
where is installed.

  This is due to the limitations of hardware I have available. Both hosts needs to
server several machines.

  It is very important that the virtual machine consumes the least resources
possible (host has 5GB RAM and i need to run three virtual machines minimum,
including this storage server as a virtual machine).

  What can be better solution: CentOS, NexentaStor, openfiler ...??

  Many thaks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com