[CentOS-virt] Suggestions to improve this minimal kickstart config for CentOS 6?

Tue Jul 19 21:36:32 UTC 2011
Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>

On 07/20/2011 12:15 AM, Kartik Subbarao wrote:
> On 07/19/2011 12:36 PM, Kartik Subbarao wrote:
>> rpm -e $(rpm -qa |grep -i firmware)
> This should be changed to:
> rpm -e $(rpm -qa | grep -i firmware | grep -v kernel-firmware)
>
> Since apparently kernel depends on kernel-firmware.
Try the attached ks.  It installs around 180 packages. libselinux-utils
is in because I find it mandatory to be able to modify the selinux
configuration of an existing system.

There are a few packages left which can be removed if you insist:
- the firmware packages if you do not use that specific hardware (
atmel, brocade, qlogic ).
- yum-presto if you prefer to always download full rpm packages instead
of deltas
- which, acl, attr