[CentOS-virt] My CentOS in VMware can't find my wireless card

liming wu

wuliming2010 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 01:59:31 UTC 2011

hi,Drew
Thank you for your reply.
>First off. Which VMWare program are you using?
My VMWare in use is station, the following information comes from my VMWare:
Product:VMware® Workstation
Version:7.1.2 build-301548
Host OS version:Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600, Service Pack 3
>what's the output of "lsusb"?
Here is the output :
[root at wulmcent ~]# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0cf3:1006 Atheros Communications, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
[root at wulmcent ~]#
So i think my CentOS(2.6.18-128.el5) in VMWare has recognized my usb device,
but the system can't drive it.
The light in my wireless card is still off.
On the other way, i have tried the ndiswrapper(1.56) using the drivers on
winXP.
My wireless card can work well on winXP.So i think the driver will work in
centOS too.
In fact, it cound't work although i've tried every driver i have that work
well on winXP.
Here is my try:
[root at wulmcent MW54U]# ls
150U  C69  U300T  U70  UD10
[root at wulmcent MW54U]# cd U70
[root at wulmcent U70]# ls
athur.sys  athuw.sys  netathuw.inf
[root at wulmcent U70]# ndiswrapper -i netathuw.inf
driver netathuw is already installed
[root at wulmcent U70]# ndiswrapper -l
netathuw : invalid driver!
[root at wulmcent U70]#
U70 is a driver directory, the driver in it can work well in winXP but can
not be installed in centOS.
And i also tried different drivers in directory 150U, C69, U300T and UD10.
They displayed
the same error.
Can you give me some advice?
Thank you very much!