[CentOS-virt] New to virtualization - can't use more than one CD when installing a new VM

Mon Jun 27 23:51:04 UTC 2011
R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Steve Campbell wrote:

> Our company blocks bittorents due to abuse. I believe the DVD ISOs are now
> taking up two DVDs, so I'm not sure how I'd do this either

As I recall, the DVD's were formerly created from a pile of CD

The former script that I used was based on one from:
 	ftp://people.redhat.com/ckloiber/mkdvdiso.sh
but that link (and indeed FTP access to that server) seems to
have disappeared

Google indicates there was a successor: mkdvd-rhel3u2.sh but
it may well be that understanding the process, or setting up a
local install mirror is faster than getting into DVD
re-authoring

This is an old post, but looks as though it should still work

http://www.redhat.com/archives/psyche-list/2002-October/msg00252.html

... remastering custom install media is not all that hard, but
it is tricky to diagnose when it fails.  I'll give it a whirl
using the -graft-points to mkisofs ... I see also in:
dvd+rw-tools a tool: growisofs which looks promising

-- Russ herrold