[CentOS-virt] Now on to creation of disk images

Tue Jun 28 17:45:31 UTC 2011
Ed Heron <Ed at Heron-ent.com>

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 13:35 -0400, Steve Campbell wrote:
> Ed,
>
> What do you mean by "ripping"? As far as the dd command you mentioned,
> it appears that the ISO file itself is copied to the folder, not the
> expanded iso-into-files themselves. Is this correct? If so, that's just
> too easy.
>
> Thanks for your kind assistance.
>
> steve campbell

  Yes.  By 'ripping', I'm referring to pulling the data from a disc.  In
this case, I'm using the dd command to create a file with the raw data
from the disc.  That raw data file can then be used to burn another disc
or provided to a virtual machine as a virtual disc.