[CentOS-virt] Resizing EXT3 partition in guest instance CentOS5

Sun Mar 13 11:47:19 UTC 2011
compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com>

> Sorry to bring this up again. Now i am trying

>the clonezilla method to downsize one of my

>VM. I have created a smaller storage volume

>and added to the VM. I boot up wih clonezilla

>but have issue cloning the drive over. Should

>I use Disk-Image or Device-Device?

To make it smaller, you need to resize your partition(s) first with gparted,
and then use device-device if you have both 'drives' mounted. This clones
the drive.

Use Disk-Image only if you want to store a copy of the drive to local or
remote storage. This creates a file backup of the disk.