[CentOS-virt] Confused by "qemu-img convert"

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 04:12:54 EDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 10:58 AM, MargoAndTodd <margoandtodd at gmail.com> wrote:

The thread caught my eye while cleaning up my folders :)  My two cents
is somewhat late; you may have already resolved your question :)

However, since I did not see any replies  ...

> Is it as easy as?
>
> qemu-img convert -f vdi oldImage.vdi -O qcow2 newImage.qcow

Yup!  I don't use the -f option.  qemu-img auto detects the input file format.

> Do I need a ton of disk space to go to a full hard drive
> then back to a small virtual hard drive?

> Do I need the Virtual Box XML file for anything or just
> the VDI?

Please elaborate on the above points.  I don't understand what you are
trying to do.

--
Arun Khan