[CentOS-virt] using local media file to install guest

Bob Hoffman bob at bobhoffman.com
Wed Oct 26 19:56:21 EDT 2011

eric wrote
-------------------

That's not my understanding. I watched someone else follow the procedure
here:
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-kvm-on-a-centos-6.0-server
and I believe he started with the minimal installation on the host.

-

thought I missed something and re-read....his next page says he is using
netinstall and ....wait for it..
connecting to remote server to get the media to install the guest..

seems impossible I guess...gonna need to set up a home server for my
production server to install guests..
seems like an extraordinary waste of bandwidth to do it that way.