[CentOS-virt] using local media file to install guest

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 00:00:52 EDT 2011

Eric is right.  You can connect remotely without even installing
virt-manager on the server.  Only needs to have libvird running.

I did a minimal install of CentOS 6 with the 4 virtual package groups.  My
system as no startx or run level 5.  In my case I have to use X11 forwarding
but that doesnt require X on the server.  At most I have a few font
libraries and X libraries but not the X server.  X11 is backwards from the
standard client/server model.  The X server in the case of X11 forwarding is
on my local desktop.

- Trey