[CentOS-virt] using local media file to install guest

Thu Oct 27 01:06:29 UTC 2011
Trey Dockendorf <treydock at gmail.com>

You can do virt-manager remotely.  Either connect to libvirt remotely
through a locally running instance of virt-manager or via X11 forwarding.  I
do the 2nd method with no GUI installed on the server.  See here for minimal
packages needed...
http://itscblog.tamu.edu/startup-guide-for-kvm-on-centos-6/ .  I do that
from a Mac.  My home desktop is Linux so for that i only remote connect to
libvirt with my user ( not root) account using PolicyKit.   Instructions for
that also on the link above.

- Trey