[CentOS-virt] KVM CO 5.6 VM guest crashes running iSCSI

Momonth momonth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 09:56:36 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I'm running KVM host on CentOS 5.6 x64, all of my guests are CO 5.6
x64 as well. I create / run VMs via libvirt.

Here are the packages I have:

# rpm -qa | egrep "kvm|virt"
kvm-83-224.el5.centos
python-virtinst-0.400.3-11.el5
kvm-qemu-img-83-224.el5.centos
kmod-kvm-83-224.el5.centos
libvirt-python-0.8.2-15.el5
etherboot-zroms-kvm-5.4.4-13.el5.centos
libvirt-0.8.2-15.el5
libvirt-devel-0.8.2-15.el5

The problem:

I attached an iSCSI LUN (netapp appliance) to a guest and everything
work fine with iscsi-initiator-utils-6.2.0.872-6.el5: LUN discovery,
attaching to the host etc.
After that I'm trying to copy ~ 140Gb of data to that LUN via scp from
another server in the network and the VM crashes after ~ 1 hour of
copying .. Nothing in the VM / KVM host logs importunately.

Who has / had similar issues with iSCSI LUNs being connected to a guest?

Thanks,
Vladimir