[CentOS-virt] cloudstack - http://cloudstack.org

Thu Sep 1 10:31:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 08/31/2011 06:29 AM, Ian B wrote:
> Citrix have open sourced their recently acquired cloud management
> platform 'Cloudstack'. It apparently supports multiple hypervisors: Xen,
> KVM, Vmware ESXi

the cloud.com stack has always been open - and as far as I know, citrix
are actually moving to try and close up some parts of it ( based on
conversations around beer, please verify! )

> Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it?

I have deployed cloud.com for testing purposes, its quite nice. At the
time ( early 2011 ) it was also the only complete end to end cloud setup
that actually worked for private, offline instances.

only real issue I had was that its quite resource intensive and targets
fairly new hardware ( ie: lots of resources )

- KB