[CentOS-virt] Network and IP's

Thu Sep 22 17:05:55 UTC 2011
James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca>

----- Original Message -----
| Hi,
|
| When "playing" with Cent OS 5.x Virtualization, I could have a host
| with
| IP:192.168.10.40 and the guests with IP's: 192.168.10.41,
| 192.168.10.42... an so on.
|
| But now after installing Cent OS 6.0 as a host, I can't figure out how
| to make my guest get the same IP's.
|
| My host is still 192.168.10.40, but the 1. guest i make, get an IP of
| 192.168.122.x !
|
| I can see something in virtual-manager concerning virtual-networks. It
| looks new compared to COS 5.x.
|
| Is it not possible ?
|
| Regards Thomas

Sounds to me that you have not created the virtual bridges/networks that are on the the other host.  Is the output of virsh net-list the same?

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier
I will do the best I can with the talent I have