[CentOS-virt] NIC binding on host and pass through to guests

Fri Apr 6 21:53:30 UTC 2012
Tommy Pham <tommyhp2 at gmail.com>

Hi,

I've just joined the list because of questionnaire in the forum [1].
The hardware is AMD-V(IOMMU) capable and is enabled in the BIOS with 3
NICs. I currently have host Windows 2008 R2 installed but binds
(network services and protocols) on NIC3 only. My guests on VMWare
workstation (has bridged network service bound on all 3 NIC) has
bridged 3 NICs for the guests where NIC1 is WAN, NIC2 is LAN1, and
NIC3 is LAN2. One guest have access to all 3 NICs. Other guests would
only have access to either NIC2 or NIC3. Is it possible to duplicate
this in CentOS 6.2 (minimal install preferred) with open source
virtualization (qemu-kvm/libvirt ?) ? I think I need to install the
bridge-utils package. Do I need to install the ebtables too?

Thanks,
Tommy

[1] https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=36785&start=0#forumpost159660