[CentOS-virt] XEN or KVM - performance/stability/security?

Fri Apr 20 13:15:07 UTC 2012
Rafał Radecki <radecki.rafal at gmail.com>

Hi all.

I am currently building a small test cloud based on Eucalyptus 2.0.3 and
CentOS 5.8 x64. I have a choice which hypervisor to use: KVM or XEN.
KVM is the default in CentOS 6 but I have read also many good things (for
example PV guest machines, isolation between Dom0 and DomU) about XEN.

Key factors from my opint of view are:
- stability (which one runs more smoothly on CentOS?)
- performance (XEN PV/HVM(with or without pv drivers) vs KVM HVM(with or
without pv drivers))
- security

Could you share your experience in these areas?

Best regards,
Rafal Radecki.