[CentOS-virt] XEN or KVM - performance/stability/security?

Sat Apr 21 15:07:22 UTC 2012

On 04/20/2012 02:15 PM, Rafał Radecki wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am currently building a small test cloud based on Eucalyptus 2.0.3 and
> CentOS 5.8 x64. I have a choice which hypervisor to use: KVM or XEN.

there are people who will argue both ways - and even add other options
to the mix and swear by them. End of the day, its going to be a case of
you having to put in a bit of time and eval the options based on your
own constraints and take it from there.

I use Xen quite a bit, I also use KVM - almost as much as Xen. And I
find they both solve their own problems in their own ways. I also use
VirtualBox and staring to get lxc into the mix. I have used vmware
products in the past.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax