[CentOS-virt] KVM - Virtio drivers for Centos 5.1

Wed Apr 25 21:53:46 UTC 2012
aurfalien <aurfalien at gmail.com>

On Apr 25, 2012, at 5:46 PM, Lars Hecking wrote:

> aurfalien writes:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Really enjoying KVM as I was a long time user of Xen.   Both are cool, just enjoying the new thing.
>>
>> Wondering if any one could share some nuggets on how to get a Centos 5.1 VM guest to use virtio?
>>
>> Trying to use virtio over the ide.
>
> Are you talking about a windows guest?

Hi,

Well, I have a Centos 6 host and a Centos 5.1 guest.

I would like that guest to take advantage of virtio.

Also, would you happen to know how I can mount qcow2 images on my host?  I would like to mount it on my host as just another directory.

I've give up for now.

Using guestfish only allows me to manipulate while within guestfish which doesn't have access to my host, only the vm image I told it to mount.

Or, should I start another thread? :)

- aurf