[CentOS-virt] RAID: by host or within KVM?

Fri Aug 10 16:28:31 UTC 2012
SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com>

I agree with Stephen.  Option #1 is the way to go.

On all of the KVM nodes I've personally built, I use a hardware RAID
controller and let it manage the array.  You could use software RAID
on the host OS, but there are advantages of using hardware RAID
(background array initialization, battery backed).

Keep the RAID management at the hardware _or_ host OS (software raid)
level and it will simplify administration.

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //