[CentOS-virt] Accessing NTFS on host from XP/Win7 VM

Tue Aug 14 19:34:41 UTC 2012
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Dmitry E. Mikhailov
<d.mikhailov at infocommunications.ru> wrote:
> I didn't quite understand, what do you want to achieve.
> I had winXP and CentOS 5.8 installed simultaneously on my laptop, winXP
> was dual-use: either on a bare metal or as a guest in VMWare under
> running CentOS. Had to create two hardware configurations on WinXP and
> play with disk controllers.
>
> Now I have CentOS 6.3 (recently installed) and going to achieve the same
> thing under KVM. Shouldn't be different.

I have a  dual boot -- Centos 6.3 and Win 7 running on bare metal

There are three NTFS partition and 3 partitions for centos -- /boot,
swap and LVM PV device.

I am able to access NTFS when centos is booted.

I have installed XP as a guest under Centos.

Now I want to install, say firefox, whose setup file is in the second
NTFS partition of host from the XP guest.

How to make  the partition visible to the guest?

TIA

--
Regards,

Rajagopal