[CentOS-virt] Accessing NTFS on host from XP/Win7 VM

Wed Aug 22 13:56:03 UTC 2012
Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
<raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed Centos 6.3 recently on bare metal (as dual boot with
> win 7) and want to access the existing NTFS through XP Guest.

Let me see if I understood your problem statement fully/correctly:

1. You have a system with Windows 7 (say sda1) and Centos 6.3 (say sda2)
2. You are booted into CentOS 6.3  and running a Win XP guest in a VM (LKVM?)
3. Now you want to access /dev/sda1 (NTFS) from within the Win XP VM

> SELinux is enforcing and VM network is NAT.
>
> Google confused me more that educating me -- maybe I could not cobble
> up the right phrase.
>
> Any help appreciated.

How are you starting the VM?  CLI or virt-manager.

-- Arun Khan