[CentOS-virt] iscsi target rescan means connections hang for five seconds

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Tue Jan 3 10:03:22 EST 2012

Hi,
I'm starting to experiment with iscsi based volumes and while this works
fine so far I ran into a problem. When I add a LUN to a target and refresh
tgtd all i/o to that target seems to hang for five seconds.
This is obviously less than ideal if the plan is to use the target for lots
of guests. There is also the possibility to create one target with one LUN
for each guest disk but that sounds like a management nightmare and the
libvirt pool functions become useless.

Is there a way to make this less intrusive? How do you guys cope with this
issue?

Regards,
   Dennis