[CentOS-virt] No module named cygvirtmod

Lars Hecking

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 12 15:21:20 UTC 2012

> >   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 12, in ?
> >     import cygvirtmod as libvirtmod
> > ImportError: No module named cygvirtmod
>
> Do you have the libvirt-python package installed?
> Also check for the virt-viewer package (which helps with a lot of virt
> tool errors).

 These are installed:

libvirt-0.6.3-20.1.el5_4
libvirt-python-0.6.3-20.1.el5_4
python-virtinst-0.400.3-12.el5
virt-manager-0.6.1-8.el5
virt-viewer-0.0.2-3.el5

 I found the erroneous code in /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/libvirt.py,
 and comparing it with the CentOS 5.7 version, I can fix it. But I presume
 I need to generate .pyc and .po as well, not sure how to do that.