[CentOS-virt] Has anyone been able to start a Fedora 16 VM in Xen PV?

Scot P. Floess

sfloess at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 18 16:55:51 UTC 2012

I really want to thank everyone who responded!!!!

This worked for me as well and I've got it working from a kickstart
installed using KOAN/Cobbler...

> 2. After install has finished and before you reboot,
> switch to text console on ALT-F2 of your install and copy the
> /mnt/sysimage/boot/grub2/grub.cfg to /mnt/sysimage/boot/grub/grub.cfg
> and edit the line:
>
> set default="${saved_entry}"

> set default=0

In %post, I did:

cp /boot/grub2/grub.cfg /boot/grub
/bin/sed -i -e "s/set default.*/set default=\"0\"/" /boot/grub/grub.cfg

> And that's it. The F16 should boot now. The only difference to Eugene's
> steps is that I didn't worry about the ext2 boot partition. Mine is
> ext4.

I happened to use ext3 - but it worked fine...

---

Scot P. Floess             RHCT  (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
Chief Architect FlossWare  http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
                            http://flossware.sourceforge.net
                            https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare