[CentOS-virt] CentOS6 virtio?

Hans Vos

hans at laissezfaire.nl
Tue Jan 31 21:45:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 31-1-2012 16:30, Lars Hecking wrote:
> Are there any updated instructions for installing Windows virtio drivers on
> a KVM Windows XP vm under CentOS6? The virtio .iso directory structure is
> slightly different from what is described in the RHEL6 virtualisation
> manual, and when I attempt to install e.g. the viostor driver, the device
> manager cannot find anything better than what is already installed. I tried
> each of the Wlh/Wnet/Wxp/XP directories.

In this very extensive guide for setting op a 2-node KVM cluster in RH6
he also sets up a Windows 2008 server using the virtio drivers. You need
to scroll down a fair bit. Here is the link for the part where he
explains how to provision a Windows 2008 server.

https://alteeve.com/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial#Provisioning_vm0004-ms

Maybe this is of use for you.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Hans Vos