[CentOS-virt] server host keys for kvm clones

Thu Jan 5 19:16:51 UTC 2012
Ed Heron <Ed at Heron-ent.com>

On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 21:02 +0200, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> ... My colleagues from the engineering dept ( I am IT... ) have to use a
> commercial application which comes as 2  CD images plus 3 sets of 2 isos
> with updates. All of which have to be installed (at last theoretically )
> one after the other and only via their own Java-based installer.
> Guess who is not going to rpm-ize the process of installing that 8*450
> MB piece of wonderful software.

  Nice.  The company I work for uses some MS Windows software where the
vendor won't even give me install software.  They insist the user must
call them to install.  The user must log into their website to get
access to the install software.  I don't have a log in, so I don't
pre-install that software.  The users complain to me and I refer them to
the vendor.  Yes, some vendors are annoying.

  It sounds like maybe you'd prefer clean installs but, due to real
world compromises, you can't always do that.