[CentOS-virt] shut down a Centos 6 guest / libvirt / ACPI

Michael Kress

kress at hal.saar.de
Sun Jun 3 00:22:33 UTC 2012

Got the solution - originally, I've installed the system with
                 --noapic \
                 --noacpi \
Omitting those options, I get this into the xml used during installation:
<features>
</features>
and then after installing and starting acpid, shutting down works like a
charm.

What was hard though, was to add those features later in the xml, even
installing acpid wasn't any use, had to reinstall with the above
procedure. But now I know how to proceed.
Thanks,
Regards
Michael