[CentOS-virt] KVM online backup images

Tue Nov 27 08:45:08 UTC 2012
Andry Michaelidou <andrim at cs.ucy.ac.cy>

Hello to you all!

We are implementing here at the University KVM virtualization for our
servers and services and i was wondering if anyone try to automatically
backup images.
I am actually using logical volumes for the VM guests. All virtual
clients are installed in their LVM logical volume. We are already use
IBM TSM for backup as we used to when we had physical machines, ie
install client in OS and manage files and data backup.
I want to have an image backup additional to files backup, but i want to
take the image online, without pause or suspend the VM guests.
Did anyone try to create image backups online? What about
http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/Livebackup?
Can you please advise?

--
Andry Michaelidou Papa | IT Systems Administrator|Department of Computer
Science| University of Cyprus