[CentOS-virt] KVM online backup images

Rudi Servo

rudiservo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 12:04:40 UTC 2012

I have DRBD to another machine, that means that the LVM is replicated
over the network, you can stop the replication process of the LVM and do
the snapshot on the Secondary Host Machine (No VM poweroff on the
Primary Host), then restart DRBD sync.

Live snapshot is something I am planing to do in the next few days.

You can do it either way, but if Live snapshot is feasible, then just a
cron job of snashot and backup will sufice, although I do recomend to
use also corosync and pacemaker for fail-over and the backup job to be
more of a service that you can shutdown if something goes wrong.

This is an ongoing project so I am still learning a lot in the process
with the little time I have.

Sorry for not having all the testing done and information at the moment.