[CentOS-virt] Package lists for Cloud images

Wed Oct 3 23:29:57 UTC 2012
Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro>

On 03.10.2012 23:59, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 10/03/2012 05:29 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> As we get ready to start publishing Cloud Images ( or rather images
>> consumable in various virt platforms, including public and private
>> clouds ) - it would be great to have a baseline package manifest
>> worked
>> out.
>
> and.. thoughts on Selinux ? Disable it ? Enable it ? Or should we
> just
> leave it in Permissive mode, along with a bit of text on howto enable
> it
> for people who want it ?

I usually leave it enforcing; it depends really on what it's for, but
in recent years I found selinux to be less intrusive/problematic than it
used to be in early 5.x days.
I think we should have at least one "official" version the way Red Hat
means it, with firewall and selinux on, root access, no 3rd parties.
I for one am going to build such images anyway.. :)

Nux!
www.nux.ro