[CentOS-virt] Package lists for Cloud images

Wed Oct 3 21:49:11 UTC 2012
Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org>

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 10:33:00PM +0100, Nux! wrote:
> On 03.10.2012 22:23, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > hi,
> >

> > On 10/03/2012 05:48 PM, Nux! wrote:
> >> Since I've already been messing with such images I kind of know what
> >> need:
> >> 1 - acpid, so virsh reboot/shutdown will work
definitely needed
> >> 2 - cloud-init for openstack images; also it would be nice if the
> >> image
> >> could resize itself at first boot
> >> 3 - nano & wget to make the life easier for newbies

drop the useless firmware* :D

> > Great feedback. i think we can make all of those 3 things happen
>
> Lovely!
> I'm currently working on a kickstart file that would install and
> prepare images for openstack deployment, will update you when it's done
> (I'm almost there, need to polish a bit the partition resizing bit).

I have a basic bootstrap procedure that just boots and install itself
on the available disk (tested on EC2,Stratuslab,VirtualBox) through a kickstart.
Downside: it goes through the whole install procedure.
Upside: it's up to date at install time.

Cheers,

Tru
--
Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)