[CentOS-virt] Issues with routing IPv6 to KVM Guests

David Hackl info at dh-online.net
Fri Sep 14 18:02:39 EDT 2012

Sorry Paul....

Well, the problem is that there is no IPv6 connection at all. I set up
the IPv6 adresses in the guests. They also appear with ip addr.

When I try to ping6 the guest, I get "Destination unreachable: Address

Pinging an IPv6 Host out of the guests also doesn't work.

Here is the output of a guest:
2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast
state UNKNOWN qlen 1000
     link/ether 52:54:00:67:52:34 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
     inet brd scope global eth0
     inet brd scope global secondary eth0:0
     inet6 2001:1608:10:34::3/64 scope global
        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
     inet6 fe80::5054:ff:fe67:5234/64 scope link
        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

I hope these are enough informations?

And what do you mean with south american website? Are you talking about

Greets, David